Moisture Control in Danville
Crawlspace Care® in Smith Mountain Lake
Controlling moisture in and around your home is a critical component of lasting pest control. Moisture attracts wood-destroying insects, mildew, and mold. Each of these cause structural rot and wood decay. Excessive moisture not only affects the structural integrity of your home, but also the health of those living inside.
Four Seasons Pest Control provides moisture prevention using the Crawlspace Care® system. Water penetrates a structure in a number of ways. Condensation, high humidity, groundwater, and wet foundations will eventually allow water to accumulate in crawl space. Moisture in the crawl space is the number one cause of home humidity. Crawlspace Care® uses a combination of techniques that work to remove and prevent unwanted moisture and humidity from your home’s crawlspace.
- Interior Drain Systems — Interior drains in crawlspaces help to divert subsoil moisture to a
- drainage ditch that dispenses into a vat with a submergible pump. This then pumps the excess water from the crawlspace.
- Exterior Drain Systems — Exterior drains help to divert moister away from the home’s foundation. This is done using the hydrostatic pressure of water to send it in an underground trench.
- Floor Liners — Crawlspace Care® installs an eight-millimeter, fiber-reinforced floor line. This creates a barrier between the moist soil in a crawlspace and the wooden flooring and supports of the crawlspace. This also helps to prevent wood rote, mold, mildew, and spore growth.
- Gutter Extensions — It is very important to divert water from gutters away from the home’s foundation.
- Dehumidification — A crawlspace can be a moist, damp area. This creates an environment with high humidity. This condition is what causes fungal growth, wood
- rote, mold, mildew, and a conducive condition for pests and termites. We install crawlspace dehumidifiers that work to keep humidity at a manageable level.
Call the Four Seasons Pest Control team at (434) 205-0071 or contact us online today.
“Four Seasons Pest Control does an amazing job! Their mosquito control does a very good job controlling mosquitos around your home!”Travis P.
Frequently Asked Moisture Control Questions
How Fast Is the Moisture Control Process?
The speed of the moisture control process is mostly determined by home size, but an average three-bedroom, two-bath home takes approximately two to three days.
Do You Correct Structural Damage?
No. Crawlspace Care® is a system used to control moisture in a house. A home improvement contractor needs to make any repairs prior to the system being installed.
How Much Moisture Will the System Control?
It depends on the moisture content around the home, but the Crawlspace Care® system is designed to keep moisture out. The crawl space floor will have a physical barrier and a method to remove excess moisture.
If you have concerns about the amount of moisture in your home and its potential to attract pests, Four Seasons Pest Control can help — call (434) 205-0071 today!
Ready to Live Pest-Free?
- We Offer Free Estimates!